Skip to main content
Someone save me from Disney Cruise Lines...
Ok, so am I the ONLY one bothered by the new Disney “getting in the mood” ad campaign? A couple talking intimately (or, cuddling together on the couch, if you’re unfortunate enough to be watching the TV spot) talking about “are you thinking what I’m thinking”… they decide to play something to get them “in the mood” and then, in one of the most jarring examples of radio whiplash ever, they put on some Disney song and you hear the kids giggling. (In the TV spot, you actually get the kids popping up from in front of the sofa, as you’ve been seeing it all over their shoulder, with the TV in the background.) The ad goes on to talk about the Disney cruise line… then they tag it with one of the kids telling grandma that the Disney song “puts mom & dad in the mood”.
 
I’m not being a prude here… I just find the whole “it’s all about the kids” mindset rearing its ugly head once again and I just find it all really annoying. (There’s also an SUV ad where they bring in a bunch of kids to help test out the new model to see if it meets their approval.)
 
Is there anything out there that’s really just for adults any more? Does it ALL have to be about the kids? (Maybe I should just say "annoyed" rather than "bothered". Bothered carries more baggage than annoyed.)

Comments