Skip to main content
The Matrix Online...
At this year's E3, Warner Bros & Ubi Soft announced that The Matrix Online is in development for a 2004 launch. It's another entry in the persistent world, massively multiplayer online genre of games. "Our goal… is to create a multiplayer online game that reflects the trilogy's highly stylized storytelling and innovative action, taking fans beyond the boundaries of the movie screen and into a 'persistent world' where they can fully explore the vast realm of the Matrix." Cool, huh? We all get to plug in and live the Matrix!
 
Gamespot: The Matrix Online Announced
 
The quote I love is from the President of Ubi Soft: “"Imagine if the Matrix existed today, if millions of people could enter a simulation so convincing, so real, that they believed it to be an actual place".
 
Does anyone else find this idea a little creepy? I mean, the Matrix was a great movie, but I don’t think I want to LIVE in the Matrix, you know? It’s not exactly a shiny happy place, if you get my meaning! I’m just saying…

Comments