Skip to main content
Ok, this is kind of interesting...
I really try and avoid the political paranoia that’s so rampant these days. Serves no constructive purpose, as far as I’m concerned. So when I hear about “the media has become the mouthpiece for our government’, I tend to take it with a grain of salt. Yes, everyone knows that Fox News is about as pro-government biased as a news source can be, but it gets them ratings and really, that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? (Do I NEED to point out that was sarcasm?)
 
But then, today, I get an email update from Channel 4 news that has a link to an MSN story about Greenpeace putting George Bush in their “Nuclear Threat” playing card deck. (Does EVERYONE have a freaking deck of “evil-doers” playing cards now? I just heard about some conservative group that’s got a deck of “unpatriot” cards with, of course, Tim Robbins, Martin Sheen, Susan Sarandon, etc. in the deck. GIVE ME A BREAK, ALL OF YOU! …all right, aside over. Back to my main point…)
 
So they’ve got a link to the article here: Bush Tops Deck Of Nuclear Threat Cards. This takes you to the MSN page, but it takes you to the MSN landing page. Apparently the article no longer exists. (The URL looks like it’s referencing a legit article, but type it in and it simply bounces you back to their landing page.) A quick check of the Greenpeace site shows that the cards do exist and are not just someone’s bad joke (Suits and nukes). Oh, and Dubya replaces Saddam Hussein as the Ace of Spades. Nice touch.
 
But the link to the MSN page no longer works and the article has apparently disappeared. (Oh, and I just got an updated Channel 4 email which, conveniently, does NOT have the Greenpeace article.)
 
Maybe there is something to this whole paranoia thing after all.

Comments