Skip to main content

M:I:3

Just figures that the last of May's movies that I get around to seeing was the one I'd like best. Yes, I'd heard all the good reviews, and I wanted to see it… it just took longer to get around to it than any of the others.

I've always liked Philip Seymour Hoffman, and his villain here is wonderfully evil. The twists and turns of the plot are convoluted enough for a Mission Impossible film, without veering off into the realm of completely-impossible-to-suspend-disbelief, and the opening teaser is a great start to a movie so wrapped up in masks and questions of identity.

It's too bad Tom's eccentricities seem to have smacked this pic around. It's doing okay, especially when you factor in the overseas box office. But then you compare it to the previous two MI movies, and suddenly it's not looking so good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like to refer to this movie as MISSION POSSIBLE.

Every feat, every mission, every action sequence goes pretty much according to plan. I never once felt suspense. There is no 'out of the frying pan, into the fire' reversals making each feat more difficult.

Pure popcorn. And, too salty.

Go see SUPERMAN.

Q
Cyfiere said…
Yeah, I can see that. It does seem like most of the "reverses" never really materialize (the almost discovery when they're kidnapping Davian) or happen offscreen (the botched escape from the Hong Kong high rise).

So what your saying is it might be a good action/spy thriller, but it's not much of a Mission Impossible.