Skip to main content

Strange Bedfellows…

I came across this endorsement last week and had to share. Not because it comes from The American Conservative, though that DID get me to read it. And certainly not for their reason for endorsing Kerry (the prospect of an ineffectual Democrat President hamstrung by an antagonistic Republican Congress is far too possible a scenario).

No, it's really because of the way it slams the President for all the things I've been talking about for, what seems like, ages.

Kerry's the One
By Scott McConnell
The American Conservative

Or course, once I read it, I had to click the "go to original" link at the top and find out who the hell "The American Conservative" really is. Imagine my surprise, when I clicked on their "About Us" link to find that The American Conservative is Pat Buchanan's magazine/website! I think it's probably safe to assume that this may well be the first time I've ever agreed with Buchanan about anything.

Looks like the proverb "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" just might be more than a simple aphorism.

Comments