Skip to main content

And so the ugliness sets in…

Michael Jackson turns himself in, to be paraded past news crews in handcuffs for the dread perp-walk, causing his brother Jermaine to cry racism. Note to Jermaine as well as Benzino from The Source—when you get to Michael Jackson’s level of fame, this kind of thing has more to do with celebrity than it ever will with race, so cut the “racism” argument. (Besides, have you SEEN Michael lately? Hell, I’m closer to the black experience these days… at least I still live in the real world.) This isn’t to reject the idea that dragging him past news crews in handcuffs wasn’t overplaying things for the media, but don’t try and tell me it’s racism.

But, aside from that, reports are coming out that the alleged victim's father claims there was no abuse and that the mother only got lawyered up when Jackson said he had to stop giving them money and buying things for the family. (He had, apparently, been paying at least some of the boy’s medical expenses and had bought the family a house, among other things. Once the money stopped, mom decided to get even.)

So now it looks like Jackson could be innocent and just the victim of an overzealous DA and a greedy, unscrupulous parent. OR, worst case scenario, Jackson IS a pedophile, mom IS simply out for money and revenge AND the DA couldn’t care less as long as he finally gets Jackson behind bars and his (the DA’s) face in the news. (I'm favoring this option, simply because I have such a low opinion of human nature these days. My inner misanthrope is shining through.)

At which point, I guess you have to hope that the kid is some kind of Bad Seed (the Hollywood perennial favorite) and it was all his idea to go after Jackson, because at least then there wouldn’t be ANY innocents involved in this mess.

(I'm not entirely sure why I keep going on about this thing. It's fascinating, in a disturbing, reminiscent of OJ kind of way, I guess. Maybe I'm no better than the rest of the ghouls slavering over this story.)

Comments