Skip to main content

Not sure if this really counts…

I'm the kind of person who tends to "rehearse" conversations in my head. Sometimes its about upcoming discussions I'm about to have and I want to make sure I've got all my ideas in line. Sometimes it's conversations that I've had that are nagging me and I end up either rehashing the conversation to see where it went wrong or continuing the conversation to see if I could make my point better. It probably stems from my theatre training and my writer's impulses… I want to rehearse things till I get them right, or at least make them better.

So this morning I'm listening to the radio, doing the typical getting ready for work morning bs, and I've got this conversation running through my head and I'm tweaking the discussion here and there, making fabulous points that I never manage to make in real life (because, really, when you're the only one in the discussion, you get all the good lines). And, while making a point to myself, I used the phrase "that's not news, it's weather", meaning to dismiss one point as not valid because it's so commonplace as to be akin to a weather report.

Not 2 minutes later, as KROQ's playing its 60 seconds of news, their newsman Doc uses the phrase "that's not news, it's weather". I'm not entirely sure this counts as synchronicity, since he uses that line regularly in his news reports, but the timing was sure interesting.

Comments