Skip to main content

I'm not sure which is worse…

That he actually believes this, or that he figures we'll all agree this is a good idea:

Bush's Filtered News

Bush prefers his news heavily filtered. "I glance at the headlines, just to get kind of a flavor," he told Brit Hume of Fox News last month. But, "I rarely read the stories" because "a lot of times there's opinions mixed in with news." Instead, "I get briefed by [White House Chief of Staff] Andy Card and Condi [Rice, the national security adviser] in the morning."

The president concluded, "The best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world."


God knows you wouldn't want any of those pesky opinions getting in the way of your decision making.

Apparently, I've been mispronouncing his nickname all this time. It's not Dubya. It's Dumbya.

(God, this is the "leader of the free world"? Makes you feel all kinda warm and toasty inside, huh?)

Comments