Skip to main content

In the interest of fairness…

Looks like I fell for that same media sensationalism I was bad-mouthing earlier this month. Turns out the report from David Kay, Chief US Weapons Inspector in Iraq, while it might have floated the idea that Saddam was bluffing about weapons, was also pretty highly critical of the Administration's assumptions and "intelligence" which led to our invasion of Iraq. Not nearly the whitewash it sounded like in the articles I quoted from the Washington Post & MSNBC.

Not that this will stop Rumsfeld, et al, from trying to put their own spin on the report (they were quick to remind everyone that this was an interim report, of course). Nor does it change in any way my opinion about the Bush Administration.

But I figured I should acknowledge that I was probably wrong about Kay's report.

Comments