Skip to main content
So who knew I was trendy!?!

Last month I had a little rant about LA drivers and their amazing talent for stupidity and arrogance (usually wrapped up in the same package) and in my post I mentioned COTU—Center of the Universe syndrome.

Going through my email after I got back from vacation, I find this from BuzzWhack's "Buzzword of the Day" email:
"COTU: Center Of The Universe. Often used to describe people who are unable to see another point of view and [the belief that] wherever they're standing is the center of the universe."
Nominated by Michelle Hornsby

So here I've been all trendy and buzz-wordy without even knowing it! How about that! (I would, of course, take credit for coining this one, since I wrote my post on the 7th and the email's from the 26th… plenty of time for it to percolate through the web. But I can't say for sure that Michelle saw my post, so I'll be humble. Just this once.)

(ah, for a more elegant solution to the concept of conveying sarcasm or whimsy than silly little smiley faces and other annoying emoticons. Consider me whimsical. *sigh*)

Comments