Skip to main content

We got punk'd

So it turns out that George Clooney's "I'm a Liberal" post on The Huffington Post wasn't REALLY George's post after all…
Clooney, Huffington Clash Over Blog Posting

Huffington responds here:
On George Clooney's Blog

Whatever. I agree with Clooney's publicist on this one… they've misrepresented the post as if Clooney is the one who crafted and posted the comments as they stand, and not something cobbled together from selected interviews and statements. (Of course, it might take some of the wind out of Q's "quit whining, George" comment, but that's small comfort.)

Nice job, Arianna. You've successfully made all of us quoting "Clooney's" post look like fools. I'm sure the hate-radio mongers are having a grand time mocking this one.

I knew there was a reason Huffington has always annoyed me.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Huffington has always annoyed me too, but I'm siding with her on this and sticking, even strengthening, my stand that George is a whiner.

He was part of this ordeal, gave Huffington permission to put this together, and she has written confirmation from George's publicist to print it. He's only whining because he's taking heat for it. He wants to have his cake and eat it too, which confirms my take that he is a rich, spoiled, idiot. Even if he is a great looking playboy chick magnet.
Cyfiere said…
Yeah, he may be whining, but I'd expect, if I gave someone approval to post my comments that they would make it clear that they were the ones posting them and quoting me. They posted them as if it was Clooney who posted them. (Ignoring for the moment that it's probably someone's assistant doing all of this, no matter whose face is on the post.)

That's where it gets misleading, I think.
Anonymous said…
Sure...but, if Clooney stands by the comments, then why make a stink about such a fine line?

I'll tell you why - because he wants it both ways. He wants the attention AND he wants the pity. And, he wants to call out Democrats for not standing up for what they believe in? Sheesh. What a maroon.
Anonymous said…
I love George Clooney. Leave him alone.

Chick