Skip to main content

Enough already!

Ok, so I tried to take the high road.

Failing that, I opted for "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything".

But it's June 24th today and as I drove in to work, I STILL saw flags at half-mast. Isn't it time we get over it and move on? What is this, a national month of mourning?

Let's face it, the man's been dead a couple of weeks now, we've had the funeral & memorial services & eulogies and he's been buried. Factor in the Alzheimer's, realizing he hasn't known his own name for the better part of the last 10 years, and you've got to admit the guy you're mourning is LONG GONE now.

So let's put the flags back where they belong, put away the black armbands and get back to business as usual, huh?

(oh god. As Chris points out in her comment to my post, it IS a freaking month of mourning, as per this announcement. I'm back to "no comment". There's just no point.)

Comments