Skip to main content

Don't they have ANYTHING better to do?

So last week I heard that, in reaction to CBS's failed Reagan "biopic", Republican congressmen decided to draft a bill to replace FDR on the dime with Reagan's face. Now, aside from the fact that it would mean an entire denomination that I would have to refuse to use… come on! A Reagan dime? Please. (A little commentary on the Reagan dime, just for fun.)

And then, in today's news I hear that Republican Rep. Doug Ose from California (I'd be ashamed that he's from California, but he's a Republican, so I can just reject him entirely) is upset because Bono got away with saying "Fuck" on an award show recently. So he's introducing a bill with a list of 8 words (sorry George!) that, free speech be damned!, you CANNOT use on the air. The article in today's LA Times doesn't list the eight words, but then they couldn't, could they?

Apparently there's nothing of any real importance going on in Washington these days.

Comments