Skip to main content

New Solipsisms label

In the interest of calling a spade a spade, I figured it was time for a new label, one meant to convey my awareness of just how out there some of my posts are getting. Let's face it, the thought that my actions in any way have such a direct effect on the world as to lead to the demise of a formerly thriving magazine business is the height of solipsism. So I figured I should acknowledge what I'm up to and make it clear I'm only having fun. Right?

It sure is a fun idea to play with, though.

(How amusing, and utterly PC, that I felt the need to define my "calling a spade a spade" reference, as if I'm concerned that some moron is going to misunderstand the phrase, as has happened more than once in the past few years with the phrases "niggardly" and "pot calling the kettle black." I mean, seriously, if I get someone whining about "calling a spade a spade," how much fun is it going to be to copy their, most likely, illiterate and unintelligible ramblings to the blog in order to mock their intellectual deficiencies. Oh well, another missed mocking opportunity.)

BTW, BEST "pot calling the kettle black" reference. EVER!
But for Lucas to complain about Spidey having "very little story" isn't just the pot calling the kettle black. It's the pot getting drunk, peeing on the kettle's car, calling its mother a whore, and then telling the judge it did it because the kettle is black.

Comments