Skip to main content

The best thing about yesterday's "national don't buy gas" day?

The incredibly short line at the gas station when I filled up.

Yeah, like you didn't see that one coming. The only thing not buying gas yesterday is going to prove to those evil gas corporations is just how freaking gullible you are.

You want to send them a message? Cut back your gas consumption every week. If we all did that (and it could probably be as little as a gallon less a week) now THAT might send a message. But we're not going there… that'd take effort, and inconvenience, and dedication. Things we're not good at when it comes to environmental/conservation ideas. (And yes, I am VERY guilty of this.)

Sad.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey there.

I've just gotten an RSS thingy (yes--I'm very techno-savvy) as I've been professionally researching the merits of social networks in academic advising (sort of makes my internet ineptitude a little more ironic), blah, blah, blah. Long story short--I threw your blog onto my subscriptions.

Story, not getting any shorter...

This weekend, I decided I was going to take everyone's advice and slow down a bit--an average decrease of five miles per hour shot my MPG average up to 30 from 26. Now this may just be a sign that I'm gullible enough to trust my electronic odometer gadget, but at least it made me feel better about our planet. And finally, did you see "an inconvenient truth?" I hate to admit it, but it was a life changing event for me. I mean I wasn't a terribly conspicuous consumer before--but now I feel as though I'm on an environmentally friendly tear!

Any way--speak soon,
Æ
Cyfiere said…
At our chiropractor's office, they had a clipping of a news story talking about the things you can do to save gas and increase your mileage. I think I failed every one of them. Slowing down five miles on average might just be beyond me, but I think it's the kind of thing I should be doing. *sigh*

We've got a copy of "inconvenient truth", but haven't cracked it open to watch it yet. I think I'm afraid to. I don't want to end up depressed and terrified all at once. I'm sure once I talk myself into watching it, I'll be glad. Maybe it'll help mobilize me to cut those extra 5 mph out of my commute.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.