Skip to main content

Apologies for the inconvenience

If you're commenting on my blog lately, I have to apologize for the inconvenience of the "word verification" step that's been added to it. Turns out the spammers have yet another outlet for their pointless attempts to get us clicking on their crap… comment spam. It's not a new thing, judging by the articles in the Blogger Help section, but I've just started experiencing it this month.

Rather than have to police my blog daily for moronic attempts to sell the latest miracle drug/free credit/get rich scheme to unsuspecting Internet users (who the hell clicks on this shit enough to make it profitable, is what I want to know) I've enabled word verification for comments on my blog, to keep the spammers software out of my blog.

So, my apologies for the inconvenience. But at least you won't have to filter through the spam to read my blog, right?
 

Comments

porchwise said…
I have a sneaking suspicion the one making money off these spammers is the shuck and jive artist with a "get rich" scheme who sold the spammers on the idea. The spammers are the losers as no one clicks on to their nonsense.