Skip to main content

The new Batmobile?

Ok, I'm really looking forward to the new Batman movie, Batman Begins. I like Christopher Nolan, I think Christian Bale's a great choice for Batman and it's got a great cast.

Having said that, the pics of the new Batmobile leave me woefully unimpressed…

Batmobile front view
Batmobile rear view

Call me a purist (as well as a comic geek, nerd or whatever mildly-deprecating term you may choose to describe my affinity for the Batman) but what the hell is up with this Batmobile? It looks like a stripped-down Hummer or something. Shouldn't the Batmobile somehow tie in to the whole "bat" motif? I know every version I've ever seen has. If this is some indication of the way they're reimagining the Batman universe, I'm suddenly worried.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No lie. That is a seriously lame-looking Batmobile. I'm not sure what I was expecting (and believe me, I'm definitely not your typical Batman aficionado), but the picture you linked made me laugh out loud. Holy Weirdsville, Batman!