Skip to main content

Convertibles

I bought a new Mustang Convertible last month (40th Anniversary in black, of course) and have probably driven with the top up maybe a half-dozen times since I bought the car. Let's face it, it's Southern California. If there were ever a place to drive a convertible, this is it.

And what I've noticed in my 6 or 7 weeks of driving my new convertible is how many losers there are out there driving convertibles with the top up! I mean, what's the point of having this cool car if you're not putting the top down every chance you get? (I'll admit that I might take things a little to the extreme here… if the temperatures over 60 and it's not immediately threatening rain, the top's probably down.)

But this morning, as I'm driving to work, it's a BEAUTIFUL day—7:30 in the morning, it's already over 70 degrees, crystal clear and you can't even notice the smog at this point. And STILL I pass 3 different people, driving their convertibles with the top up! What the hell do you people need to drop the top on that car? A personal invitation?

Losers. All of them. They should have their cars reposessed and be forced to drive boring little econo-boxes for the rest of their sad, enclosed little lives.

Naw, I'm not opinionated at all.

Comments