Skip to main content
Ok, so I really meant this thing to be about more than just politics. But Hollywood just hasn't been cooperating. I mean, look at what's out there...

Willard: Ok, Crispin Glover is PERFECT for this role, but really, did we need a remake of a 30-year old, revenge of the nerd (by rat, no less!) movie? Audience response (a dismal #8 opening weekend with about $4 million in box office) would suggest the answer's no.

Agent Cody Banks: Sorry, I'm not twelve. (Besides, the reviews have not been friendly).

The Hunted: If I wanted to watch Rambo, I'd rent the freakin' DVD!

Bringing Down the House: Steve Martin, Queen Latifah (Oscar-nominated Queen Latifah, I might add) and Eugene Levy in what looks like an embarassingly unfunny movie that has, inexplicably, raked in somewhere north of $50 million in 2 weeks. We must REALLY need our escapism right now!

And what do we have to look forward to? The Core?!? This one has one of the most ridiculous sounding premises I've heard in ages! "We've stopped the Earth's core from spinning and now we've got to go and jump-start it because that's all that's protecting us from..." I can't even tell what! Lightning storms and earthquakes? How does that work again? (I know, looking for real physics in an action film is a pointless venture, but how about plausible? Of course, one of these days I'll probably read something that'll tell me this could actually happen and I'll have to revise my opinion of this schlock-fest... But I'll stick to my guns on this one till I'm proven wrong.)

I love how the movie studios "celebrate" Oscar month by releasing all their worst movies about this time of year. Hopeless...

Comments