Skip to main content

The Lunatics ARE running the asylum

'Blindness' provokes blind activists nationwide

Seriously. I can't even being to express my contempt for this kind of crap. Refusing to see the movie's use of blindness as an allegory is either simple "I'm right and you're wrong" arrogance, or even simpler ignorance. I'll opt for the former, since I doubt that the leaders of National Federation of the Blind are actually ignorant.

I don't know what's worse… the insistence that everything must conform to one's world view in order to be acceptable, or the fact that loud-mouthed, pointless protests like this get national media attention. Most likely the latter since, if we all stopped validating the whiners, they'd eventually get tired and go away.

Does make me want to see Blindness even more than before, though.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Q here...

Metaphor, not allegory. And, yeah. Can we all just decide that this is the last straw and political correctness has officially overstayed its welcome?
Cyfiere said…
Crap. Metaphor. Thank you.

And YES, can we PLEASE have eough of PC now?