Skip to main content

Really, I think it's all just too personal

So last month I made the observation that I hadn't posted a word about the acting I've been doing recently. Since then, it's been over a month since I've posted anything.

In that time, I've been on vacation a couple of times, seen a few movies and read a couple of books, played a good game on the PC… oh, and spent a week in Paso Robles, where we'd gone on vacation, while Dani was hospitalized with a blood clot. And it occured to me, as I was studiously NOT blogging, that it's really all about what's too personal.

I blog about a lot of things I find meaningful. Or important. Or amusing. I'm often snide, sarcastic and/or cynical. And I don't feel any real compulsion to share those things that are more personal. I almost never talk about work (not just because I don't want anyone from work stumbling across any rants I might feel compelled to post) and certainly don't feel like sharing my feelings on that week in Paso Robles.

So here it is, the first time I post in over a month, and it's a cheap joke at Dick Cheney's expense? Yeah, I think I'll keep it that way.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
There are two types of blogs...the journal-like, reflective, "emo" blog - which you clearly have no desire to write. And, the no-holds barred, no one is listening to me anyhow, call it like you see it opinion sounding board blog. You're better at communicating ideas and opinions than you are at cheap jokes - so bring back the opinions! We're entering an election year for cryin' out loud! And, 2007 may be the best year of film since 1999: No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Zodiac, Atonement, Juno, Ratatouille, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Eastern Promises, Margot at the Wedding, American Gangster...and the upcoming Charlie Wilson's War and Sweeney Todd! This has been a REALLY good year...

Q
Cyfiere said…
Good point! And thank you… I know I can do better than cheap jokes. Guess I'm out of practice. I've been slammed at work and, obviously, otherwise distracted outside of work.

But hell yes, it's been a great year for movies. And as soon as I get time, I'm gonna see something good. So far, this month, Dani's taken me to see Fred Clause and Enchanted. And, while Enchanted was probably better than expected, the less said about Fred, the better. I'm hoping to sneak out and catch Before the Devil and Gangster soon, before I end up watching 'em on DVD. Ditto No Country. At least we're both looking forward to Sweeney!
Anonymous said…
I forgot La Vie En Rose snd Black Book.

BTW, if I had my druthers, my picks for Oscars would be:

Best Pic: There Will Be Blood
Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Actress: Marion Cotillard
Sup Actor: Javier Bardem
Sup Actress: Cate Blanchett
Original Script: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Adapted Script: No Country for Old Men

I don't expect to see too many of those. Blanchett is a lock. Mark my words.
Cyfiere said…
Crap. I am going to have to go back and look at the movie previews I've been reading. Can't remember details on any of these outside of Devil and Old Men. *sigh*