Skip to main content

Ah, vacation… again.

Once more, vacation comes around and, for one whole week, I was blissfully able to ignore all the fun stuff happening in the news! Now that I'm back, I feel no real need at this point to weigh in on our potentially treasonous presidential kingmaker and first adviser, the almost certain-to-be-ugly battle over the next Supreme Court justice, nor any discussions about the war in Iraq or terrorism in general.

As for the knee-jerk lunatic fringe, all I've got to say to the PTC and their "The Shield is bad for kids!" campaign is NO SHIT! It's not meant for your kids. Once again, take some personal responsibility, change the channel and leave the rest of us alone.

And, for those all worked up over the next Harry Potter book… it's fiction, people, and NO ONE'S learning real magic by reading Harry Potter. Get over yourselves, grow up and find a REAL reason to complain about the books. Perhaps if you actually read one, you might be able to do that. More likely, you'd realize they're harmless, but that would entail a) reading and b) rational thought… two things hopelessly beyond those bewailing the evils of Harry Potter, I'm sure.

See, I'm back in full cynical force! Sometimes this is just too much fun.
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am excited about Harry Potter (the last book sucked), and have it pre-ordered. Screw the typical detractors (including the Pope!).

I didn't realize the PTC was bagging on "The Shield". HILARIOUS!! Why don't they just say "The Sopranos" isn't for kids? Losers.

Q
Cyfiere said…
Isn't that a freaking riot? They've got an email campaign to GM and other advertisers demanding that they pull their ads because it's inappropriate television for families. I can see LOTS of reasons to complain about the Shield, if you want to go off on it, but that's just ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to Harry too. My only problem with the damn books is I can barely remember them from one book to the next. I remember the end of the last one, the annoying woman from the Ministry of Magic and that you could safely skip the first hundred pages and barely miss anything. I'm not quite to the point where I'm ready to reread them before I start this one, but I'm hoping for a "the story so far" intro so I can be reminded of the important stuff.