Skip to main content

I'm boycotting "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"

Heard today on KROQ that the producers of Mr. and Mrs. Smith are so afraid of a backlash (similar to the one that supposedly tanked Proof of Life) over the rumors that a Brad & Angelina affair is the reason for Brad & Jenn's divorce, that they're editing out the "steamier" sex scenes from the movie.

Now, first off, the assumption that Russell Crowe's affair with Meg Ryan was the reason Proof of Life tanked assumes that Proof of Life was worth seeing in the first place. I know Dani will argue with me (judging from her gasped reaction to Crowe's tank-top clad "getting ready to storm the guerrillas" scene) but there was really nothing worth seeing in that film.

And secondly… are they NUTS? I'm sorry, but if you're cutting ANY sex scene with Angelina Jolie in it, I'm OUT! (And I'm sure any healthy red-blooded male today will agree with me on that one. I'm also assuming that any healthy, red-blooded female today will be upset that they're cutting a steamy sex scene with Brad Pitt in it, too. Just to keep some balance here.)

Too bad. I was kinda looking forward to it, too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So far...this is still an unsubstantiated rumor.

I will wait to see if it solidifies, but if they DO edit the film due to "tabloid pressure" you can bet I'm out as well.

Q
Cyfiere said…
oh… yeah, I think I meant to say "considering editing".