Skip to main content

A word of the day for me!

So Dani slapped me around yesterday for my last post, telling me I was being an elitist snob (an accusation I really couldn't argue with, unfortunately).

And that very day I get this word from the A.Word.A.Day email…

philodox
Someone who loves his or her own opinion; a dogmatic person.

Now, while I might dispute the dogmatic part, I do have to acknowledge that I could be accused of loving my own opinion. This, of course, could stem from the fact that I so often know that my opinion is the correct one, but hey, what can I do about that? (insert annoying smiley emoticon here to signify irony.)

Security
And, while I'm on the topic of AWAD, a quote from one of last week's emails, just 'cause I like to share the ones that resonate with me.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking… is freedom.
—Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

Comments