Skip to main content
Thoughts on The Hulk (part 2)…
 
Turns out there's a limit on how long these posts can be! So here's the last of my Hulk rant… the things I liked about The Hulk:
 
So after all that ranting, what did I like? The Hulk scenes were great. He’s really well animated and expressive, and they impart the feeling of movement and strength well… I could go back and see the movie again just for those scenes. And the overall arc of the film was enjoyable. I needed WAY less “daddy done me wrong” and way more “what am I and what am I becoming”. But there’s an interesting story buried under the rubble of that failed potential. (Like you can see the germs of a good story underlying all the overwritten posturing in Star Wars Episodes I & II.)
 
Okay, so a multi-page rant about all the things that bugged me and one vague paragraph about what I liked? And I didn't think it's a bad movie? Hmmm, might have to rethink that assessment.

Comments