Skip to main content

Arrogant Pricks

I debated a lot of different titles for this post before settling on the one that most succinctly summed up my reaction to today's reading of "the Constitution" by House Republicans. (Read the Slate article below to understand my quote marks.)

What House Republicans left out when they read (parts of) America's founding document. - By Dahlia Lithwick - Slate Magazine

Aside from their selective sampling of the Constitution, I'm sincerely impressed by the shear arrogance on display here. After kowtowing to G.W. Bush's abuse of the Constitution (oft-defended by the glib remark "the Constitution is not a suicide pact") it strikes me as more than a little disingenuous to have these bastards trot out a bowdlerized version of the document to put the world on notice that they, apparently, are the keepers of all that is "good" and "decent" in this country.

(And I've got to note that it's taken less than 5 days of these bastards coming back into any sort of power to get me ranting on my blog again. Apparently frustration and anger spur me to write.)

Comments