Skip to main content

Apparently, I'm a felon

I am an obsessive reader. I hate not having something to read when I'm standing around waiting, or when I'm doing something relatively mindless like eating. I always have a book or magazine in my backpack, and my PDAs and phones have been a godsend in recent years. But, in times of desperation, I've been known to read the backs of cereal boxes and other household paraphernalia. (This is how I discovered my favorite warning label EVER on Kellog's 100% Natural Cereal, a warning to the unsuspecting cereal lover to "chew carefully while enjoying this unique cereal." This, of course, is due to all the whole grains, fruit and nuts of which the cereal is comprised).

Sometimes this leads to unexpected discoveries, as in this case with the disturbing notion that I could be an unwitting felon today.

I cannot remember the context, nor what I could possibly have been doing which prompted me to read the side of a traveler's size pack of Kleenex Anti-Viral tissues the other day, but read it I did. And learned that "It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling." It goes on to inform me of that proper usage: "Use only as a facial tissue."

Now, this particular package of Kleenex is still sealed, so I'm safe there. But I have no idea how many other packs of Kleenex have traveled through our house, and I can't saw with any certainty that I haven't (inadvertently, of course) picked up one of those traveler anti-viral tissues and used it to scoop some kitty vomit off the bedspread, or wipe an offending water stain off the nearby nightstand. How was I to know I could be committing a felony with the simple act of cat vomit removal?

Obviously, I'm going to have to be much more careful where (and what) I wipe in the future.
 

Comments