Skip to main content

Maybe My Friends Are Right!

I was asked recently what I was going to bitch about now that we don't have Dubya to kick around any more. I told them I was sure I'd find something, but here it is, nearly a month since my last post and I've got nothing to show for it.

Admitedly, there have been things that have caught my attention… the continued BS surrounding the banking bailouts (I'm sorry, I don't care what your justification may be, paying massive bonuses when your company's only afloat thanks to a government bailout IS still bullshit), Dick Cheney's arrogance (hardly news, but still), and the continued bickering among Republicans searching for relevance (seriously… the RNC Chairman just went on record saying abortion is a "personal choice" and it looks like Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin are circling Rush Limbaugh for the role of party leader… it's gotta be rough to be a Republican right now, right?). But it's still kinda background noise.

Besides, schadenfreude only gets you so far. After 8 years of watching Democrats struggle for relevance, there's only so much joy I can get out of watching the other guys flailing away. Sooner or later, they'll find someone that can find a way to bow at the altar of Ronald Reagan, thread the logical needle that allows for people to "hope the President fails" and still support the Nation, and come off sounding like someone people outside the fanatic core of the Republican party can listen to. So I'm sure, sooner or later, I'll find myself compelled to rant about something.

But until then… there's a reason schadenfreude entered the lexicon, right?
 

Comments