Skip to main content

Welcome, Mr. President

Got a little of that "The King is dead, long live the King" thing working here. After yesterday's post, I kinda need a little closure to bring it all full circle.

I don't have much to say that hasn't, I'm sure, been said to great length and probably more eloquently elsewhere. I watched the Inauguration this morning; the first time I've ever watched a Presidential Inauguration, I believe. I enjoyed the President's speech, found it gratifying to hear a man with the eloquence to command the English language, to make his points clearly and concisely, to call to action, signal change, and take a stance as the leader of this country. I found his speech moving, inspirational, hopeful. All things you would want at this time. I only hope we can live up to some small part of this hopeful promise, for it was an ambitious speech, and a challenge to us all.

For now, it's simply "Welcome, Mr. President. Do a good job. We need the change."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Q here...

How about, "Good luck! We're all rooting for you!"